Friday, November 05, 2010

Miracles are real.

I'm calling the Vatican, or Linus from the Peanuts Gang, or Tom Cruise or something, because SOMEONE was right-- God, the Great Pumpkin, L. Ron Hubbard or someone is looking out for me on this miraculous Halloween evening. About this time last week, my beloved Sony Vaio (complete with stickers... I loved it... it was an appendage) inexplicably crashed, apparently due to a faulty hard drive. Maybe I was receiving a karmic ass-kicking for sins unknown; maybe it was just one of those swift-kick-in-the-teeth from fate-- regardless, I promised all aforementioned (and more) deities that if somehow, my Vaio returned unscathed from the teeth of the esoteric "service center" outlined in my warranty, that I would write a column immediately and not stop writing ever, because I would be so grateful to have my laptop back (yes-- I went quite crazy without a machine into which to vent my constant musings).

And while that did NOT happen, I not only magically FOUND my old, dead laptop AND its power cord, but hoping against hope, I pushed the power button and the old dusty POS coughed and sputtered its way back to life like a Baywatch extra after receiving some sexy CPR.

So here it is... my first (miraculous) of what will hopefully be many posts in the coming days. I'm thinking it was You, Great Pumpkin. I always believed in you!

Expect mad posts in the coming days. (Mad= many; not angry).

Much love,
Meg.

No comments:

Post a Comment